High Ridge, MO, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer High Ridge, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. Our firm helps survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Halvorsen Klote's High Ridge, MO, wrongful death lawyers now if you want legal representation. We've recovered millions for survivors and will fight for you to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If the unthinkable happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. This is not a selfish act. The key to a wrongful death case is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a third party.
Various people can start a wrongful death claim. This may include:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
General and special damages may come into play. For example, medical bills, pain and suffering, emotional distress, burial fees, and others brought on by the loss of a family member.
The High Ridge, MO, wrongful death lawyers at Halvorsen Klote understand the weight behind a loss, and how that might have financial concerns for surviving friends and family. Do not hesitate to contact our firm if you think you have a wrongful death case in High Ridge, MO.
Wrongful Death Cases
Nearly 200,000 people die due to wrongful death accidents every year. Regarding wrongful death of a partner or family member, changes can be more dramatic than a typical injury. Below, we've listed a few of the more common types of wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near High Ridge, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, equipment can fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It's essential to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in High Ridge, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
Do You Need Legal Representation in High Ridge, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. At Halvorsen Klote, our wrongful death lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The High Ridge, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of types of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Wrongful Death Case?
It is our responsibility to make sure clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our High Ridge, MO, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include lost wages, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our High Ridge, MO, accident lawyers will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Reimbursement is are dependent on the state you're in. If you're wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, our firm will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, a qualified attorney can help you win the reimbursement you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in High Ridge, MO, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Many firms should be able to provide you with client reviews and testimonials.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
At the end of the day, find a firm like HK Law now to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in High Ridge, MO. Our duty is to our clients, and recovering any associated damages. You can reach out to one of our experienced attorneys by contacting us today. Our High Ridge, MO, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.