Collinsville, IL, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Collinsville, IL. Halvorsen Klote serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Our firm helps survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Halvorsen Klote's Collinsville, IL, wrongful death attorneys today if you want to settle a claim or case. HK Law has recovered millions for victims and will fight to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If the unthinkable happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. Looking for compensation is not a selfish act. The key to a wrongful death case is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a third party.
Various people can start a wrongful death claim. This includes the following:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
Damages both general and special can come into play. For instance, medical bills, pain and suffering, emotional distress, burial fees, and others brought on by the loss of a family member.
The Collinsville, IL, wrongful death lawyers at HK Law understand the weight behind such a loss, and how that will likely have financial concerns for surviving family members. Don't hesitate to contact one of our team members if you think you have a wrongful death case in Collinsville, IL.
Wrongful Death Cases
More than 200,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents each year. In the matter of wrongful death of a partner or family member, changes can be more dramatic than a typical injury. Here, we've listed a few of the most common wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car and truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Collinsville, IL, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, equipment may fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It is important to contact a wrongful death attorney in Collinsville, IL, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Collinsville, IL?
A common question is "Do I actually need a lawyer?" The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. Our attorneys will help you determine what kind of case you have and if it's worth pursuing.
The Collinsville, IL, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of types of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Accident Attorney
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Wrongful Death Claim?
It is our responsibility to make sure clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our Collinsville, IL, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include lost wages, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Collinsville, IL, injury lawyers consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Damages are are dependent on the state you're in. If you're wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, our firm will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, a qualified attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in Collinsville, IL, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Any firm should be able to provide you with client reviews and testimonials.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
At the end of the day, find a firm like Halvorsen Klote now to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Collinsville, IL. Our duty is to our clients, and recovering any associated damages. Feel free to one of our firms attorneys by contacting us today. Our Collinsville, IL, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.