Eureka, MO, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Eureka, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Our firm helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Eureka, MO, wrongful death attorneys now if you are trying to start a case. HK Law has recovered millions for survivors and will fight to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If the unthinkable happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. Looking for compensation is not a selfish act. The key component of a wrongful death claim is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a third party.
Various people can start a wrongful death claim. This may include:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
Damages both general and special may come into play. For instance, medical bills, pain and suffering, emotional distress, burial fees, and others brought on by the loss of a family member.
The Eureka, MO, wrongful death lawyers at Halvorsen Klote know the weight behind such a loss, and how that will likely have financial repercussions for surviving friends and family. Never hesitate to contact our firm if you think you have a wrongful death case in Eureka, MO.
Wrongful Death Claims
More than 200,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents every year. Regarding wrongful death of a partner or family member, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way than a typical injury. Below, we've listed a few of the more common types of wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Eureka, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, equipment can fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a death, you may have a wrongful death case. It's essential to contact a wrongful death lawyer in Eureka, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Eureka, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. It's difficult for an attorney to help unless there are significant damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. At Halvorsen Klote, our wrongful death lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Eureka, MO, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Accident Attorney
What Damages Can You Recover in a Wrongful Death Case?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our Eureka, MO, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages often include lost wages, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Eureka, MO, injury attorneys will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Damages are are dependent on the state you are in. If you are wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, HK Law will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, an experienced attorney can help you win the compensation you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in Eureka, MO, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Many firms should be able to provide you with case results and reviews.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
The bottom line:, find a firm like Halvorsen Klote now to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Eureka, MO. It's our job to help you recover damages. Feel free to one of our experienced attorneys by contacting us today. Our Eureka, MO, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.