St. Charles, MO, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer St. Charles, MO. HK Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. Our firm helps survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our St. Charles, MO, wrongful death attorneys now if you are trying to start a case. Our firm has recovered millions for clients and will fight for you to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If something horrible happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. This is not a selfish act. The key component of a wrongful death case is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a 3rd party.
There are a few different parties that can sue for wrongful death. This may include:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
General and special damages may come into play. For example, any medical expenses, burial fees, pain and suffering, overall distress, and other financial problems brought on by the loss of a family member.
The St. Charles, MO, wrongful death lawyers at HK Law know the weight behind such a loss, and how that will likely have financial repercussions for surviving family members. Don't hesitate to contact our firm if you think you have a wrongful death case in St. Charles, MO.
Wrongful Death Cases
Nearly 200,000 people die due to wrongful death accidents annually. Regarding wrongful death of a partner or family member, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way than a typical injury. Below, we've listed a few of the more common types of wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near St. Charles, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, equipment may fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It's important to contact a wrongful death attorney in St. Charles, MO, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
Do You Need Legal Representation in St. Charles, MO?
A common question is "Do I actually need a lawyer?" The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. At Halvorsen Klote, our wrongful death lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The St. Charles, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of types of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Wrongful Death Claim?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our St. Charles, MO, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include any loss of financial earnings, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our St. Charles, MO, injury attorneys consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Damages are are dependent on the state you are in. If you're wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, our firm will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, a qualified lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in St. Charles, MO, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things potential clients should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Any firm should be able to provide you with client reviews and testimonials.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
At the end of the day, find a firm like HK Law today to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in St. Charles, MO. Our duty is to our clients, and recovering any associated damages. Feel free to one of our experienced attorneys by contacting us today. Our St. Charles, MO, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.