Town and Country, MO, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Town and Country, MO. HK Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. At HK Law, we help survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Town and Country, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you want to settle a claim or case. We have recovered millions for survivors and will fight for you to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If something horrible happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. Looking for compensation is not a selfish act. The key component of a wrongful death case is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a 3rd party.
Various people can start a wrongful death claim. This includes the following:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
General and special damages can come into play. For example, any medical expenses, burial fees, pain and suffering, overall distress, and other financial problems brought on by the loss of a family member.
The Town and Country, MO, wrongful death lawyers at Halvorsen Klote understand the weight behind such a loss, and how that will likely have financial concerns for surviving friends and family. Never hesitate to contact our firm if you think you have a wrongful death case in Town and Country, MO.
Wrongful Death Cases
Nearly 200,000 people die due to wrongful death accidents every year. Regarding wrongful death of a partner or family member, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way than a typical injury. Below, we've listed a few of the more common types of wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck accidents. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Town and Country, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, equipment can fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It is essential to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Town and Country, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Town and Country, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. It's difficult for an attorney to help unless there are significant damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. At Halvorsen Klote, our wrongful death lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Town and Country, MO, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
What Damages Can You Recover in a Wrongful Death Claim?
It is our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our Town and Country, MO, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages often include any loss of financial earnings, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Town and Country, MO, injury lawyers consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Damages are are dependent on the state you're in. If you're wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, HK Law will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, an experienced law firm can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in Town and Country, MO, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Any firm should be able to provide you with client testimonials and results.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
The bottom line:, find a firm like HK Law today to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Town and Country, MO. It's our job to help you recover damages. You can reach out to one of our firms attorneys by contacting us today. Our Town and Country, MO, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.