St. Louis County, MO, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer St. Louis County, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. At HK Law, we help survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our St. Louis County, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you want to settle a claim or case. Our firm has recovered millions for survivors and will fight to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If something horrible happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. This is not a selfish act. The key to a wrongful death case is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a 3rd party.
There are a few different parties that can sue for wrongful death. This includes the following:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
Damages both general and special can come into play. For instance, medical bills, pain and suffering, emotional distress, burial fees, and others brought on by the loss of a family member.
The St. Louis County, MO, wrongful death lawyers at Halvorsen Klote understand the weight behind a loss, and how that will likely have financial concerns for surviving friends and family. Never hesitate to contact our firm if you think you have a wrongful death case in St. Louis County, MO.
Wrongful Death Claims
Nearly 200,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents every year. Regarding wrongful death of a partner or family member, changes can be more dramatic than a typical injury. Below, we've listed a few of the more common types of wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car or truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near St. Louis County, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, equipment may fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It is essential to contact a wrongful death attorney in St. Louis County, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
Do You Need Legal Representation in St. Louis County, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. Our attorneys will help you determine what kind of case you have and if it's worth pursuing.
The St. Louis County, MO, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Wrongful Death Claim?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our St. Louis County, MO, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include lost wages, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our St. Louis County, MO, accident lawyers will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Damages are are dependent on the state you're in. If you are wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, our firm will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, an experienced lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in St. Louis County, MO, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things potential clients should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Any firm should be able to provide you with client testimonials and results.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
The bottom line:, find a firm like HK Law now to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in St. Louis County, MO. It's our job to help you recover damages. Feel free to one of our firms attorneys by contacting us today. Our St. Louis County, MO, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.