St. Peters, MO, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer St. Peters, MO. HK Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. Our firm helps survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Halvorsen Klote's St. Peters, MO, wrongful death attorneys now if you want to settle a claim or case. HK Law has recovered millions for survivors and will fight for you to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If the unthinkable happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. This is not a selfish act. The key component of a wrongful death claim is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a 3rd party.
There are a few different parties that can sue for wrongful death. This may include:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
Damages both general and special may come into play. For example, any medical expenses, burial fees, pain and suffering, overall distress, and other financial problems brought on by the loss of a family member.
The St. Peters, MO, wrongful death lawyers at Halvorsen Klote understand the weight behind such a loss, and how that may have financial concerns for surviving friends and family. Do not hesitate to contact our firm if you have a wrongful death case in St. Peters, MO.
Wrongful Death Claims
More than 200,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents each year. Regarding wrongful death of a partner or family member, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way than a typical injury. Here, we've listed a few of the most common wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck accidents. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near St. Peters, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, equipment can fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It is crucial to reach out to a wrongful death attorney in St. Peters, MO, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
Do You Need Legal Representation in St. Peters, MO?
A common question is "Do I actually need a lawyer?" The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. Our attorneys will help you determine what kind of case you have and if it's worth pursuing.
The St. Peters, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
What Damages Can You Recover in a Wrongful Death Case?
It is our responsibility to make sure clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our St. Peters, MO, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages often include lost wages, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our St. Peters, MO, accident lawyers will consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Reimbursement is are dependent on the state you're in. If you're wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, Halvorsen Klote will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, an experienced attorney can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in St. Peters, MO, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Any firm should be able to provide you with client reviews and testimonials.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
The bottom line:, find a firm like Halvorsen Klote today to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in St. Peters, MO. Our duty is to our clients, and recovering any associated damages. Feel free to one of our firms attorneys by contacting us today. Our St. Peters, MO, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.