Union, MO, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Union, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. At HK Law, we help survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Halvorsen Klote's Union, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you are trying to start a case. We have recovered millions for survivors and will fight for you to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If something horrible happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. This is not a selfish act. The key to a wrongful death case is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a third party.
There are a few different parties that can sue for wrongful death. This may include:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
Damages both general and special can come into play. For instance, any medical expenses, burial fees, pain and suffering, overall distress, and other financial problems brought on by the loss of a family member.
The Union, MO, wrongful death lawyers at Halvorsen Klote understand the weight behind such a loss, and how that will likely have financial concerns for surviving friends and family. Don't hesitate to contact our firm if you have a wrongful death case in Union, MO.
Wrongful Death Claims
Nearly a quarter million people are killed by wrongful death accidents each year. Regarding wrongful death of a partner or family member, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way than a typical injury. Here, we've listed a few of the most common wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Union, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, equipment may fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It is essential to reach out to a wrongful death attorney in Union, MO, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Union, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. It's difficult for an attorney to help unless there are significant damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. At Halvorsen Klote, our wrongful death lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Union, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of types of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
What Damages Can You Recover in a Wrongful Death Claim?
It is our responsibility to make sure clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our Union, MO, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include lost wages, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Union, MO, accident lawyers consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Reimbursement is are dependent on the state you're in. If you are wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, our firm will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, a qualified lawyer can help you win the reimbursement you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in Union, MO, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things potential clients should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Many firms should be able to provide you with client testimonials and results.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
The bottom line:, find a firm like Halvorsen Klote now to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Union, MO. It's our job to help you recover damages. Feel free to one of our experienced attorneys by contacting us today. Our Union, MO, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.