Fenton, MO, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Fenton, MO. HK Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. At HK Law, we help survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Halvorsen Klote's Fenton, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you are trying to start a case. HK Law has recovered millions for survivors and will fight for you to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If the unthinkable happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. This is not a selfish act. The key component of a wrongful death case is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a third party.
Various people can start a wrongful death claim. This includes the following:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
Damages both general and special can come into play. For example, medical bills, pain and suffering, emotional distress, burial fees, and others brought on by the loss of a family member.
The Fenton, MO, wrongful death lawyers at Halvorsen Klote know the weight behind such a loss, and how that might have financial repercussions for surviving friends and family. Do not hesitate to contact one of our team members if you think you have a wrongful death case in Fenton, MO.
Wrongful Death Cases
Nearly a quarter million people are killed by wrongful death accidents annually. In the matter of wrongful death of a partner or family member, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way than a typical injury. Here, we've listed a few of the most common wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Fenton, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, equipment can fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It's crucial to contact a wrongful death attorney in Fenton, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Fenton, MO?
A common question is "Do I actually need a lawyer?" The answer is: It depends. It's difficult for an attorney to help unless there are significant damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. Our attorneys will help you determine what kind of case you have and if it's worth pursuing.
The Fenton, MO, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Wrongful Death Case?
It's our responsibility to make sure our clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our Fenton, MO, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages can include lost wages, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and even the value of goods a victim would have provided if they weren't injured. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: More difficult to define, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Fenton, MO, accident lawyers will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Reimbursement is are dependent on the state you're in. If you're wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, HK Law will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, a qualified law firm can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in Fenton, MO, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Many firms should be able to provide you with client testimonials and results.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
At the end of the day, find a firm like HK Law today to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Fenton, MO. It's our job to help you recover damages. You can reach out to one of our firms attorneys by contacting us today. Our Fenton, MO, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.