Wellsville, MO, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Wellsville, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. Our firm helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Halvorsen Klote's Wellsville, MO, wrongful death attorneys now if you want to settle a claim or case. We've recovered millions for survivors and will fight for you to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If the unthinkable happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. This is not a selfish act. The key component of a wrongful death case is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a third party.
There are a few different parties that can sue for wrongful death. This includes the following:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
Damages both general and special can come into play. For instance, any medical expenses, burial fees, pain and suffering, overall distress, and other financial problems brought on by the loss of a family member.
The Wellsville, MO, wrongful death lawyers at HK Law know the weight behind a loss, and how that will likely have financial repercussions for surviving family members. Do not hesitate to contact one of our team members if you have a wrongful death case in Wellsville, MO.
Wrongful Death Claims
Nearly a quarter million people are killed by wrongful death accidents each year. Regarding wrongful death of a partner or family member, changes can be more dramatic than a typical injury. Here, we've listed a few of the most common wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck accidents. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near Wellsville, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, equipment may fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a death, you may have a wrongful death case. It is important to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Wellsville, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Wellsville, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. It's difficult for an attorney to help unless there are significant damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. At Halvorsen Klote, our wrongful death lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Wellsville, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Wrongful Death Case?
It is our responsibility to make sure clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our Wellsville, MO, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages often include any loss of financial earnings, lost benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also add medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Wellsville, MO, accident lawyers consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Damages are are dependent on the state you are in. If you are wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, our firm will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, a qualified lawyer can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in Wellsville, MO, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Any firm should be able to provide you with case results and reviews.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
At the end of the day, find a firm like Halvorsen Klote now to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Wellsville, MO. It's our job to help you recover damages. Feel free to one of our firms attorneys by contacting us today. Our Wellsville, MO, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.