Cottleville, MO, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Cottleville, MO. HK Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. At HK Law, we help survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Halvorsen Klote's Cottleville, MO, wrongful death attorneys today if you want legal representation. We've recovered millions for victims and will fight for you to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If something horrible happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. Looking for compensation is not a selfish act. The key to a wrongful death claim is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a third party.
Various people can start a wrongful death claim. This includes the following:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
Damages both general and special may come into play. For example, medical bills, pain and suffering, emotional distress, burial fees, and others brought on by the loss of a family member.
The Cottleville, MO, wrongful death lawyers at Halvorsen Klote know the weight behind such a loss, and how that might have financial concerns for surviving friends and family. Don't hesitate to contact one of our team members if you have a wrongful death case in Cottleville, MO.
Wrongful Death Cases
Nearly 200,000 people die due to wrongful death accidents annually. In the matter of wrongful death of a partner or family member, changes can be more dramatic than a typical injury. Here, we've listed a few of the most common wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car or truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Cottleville, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, equipment can fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It is essential to contact a wrongful death attorney in Cottleville, MO, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Cottleville, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This includes multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. Our attorneys will help you determine what kind of case you have and if it's worth pursuing.
The Cottleville, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of cases. It is our job to help you help yourself.
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
What Damages Can You Recover in a Wrongful Death Case?
It's our responsibility to make sure clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our Cottleville, MO, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include any loss of financial earnings, loss of benefits, loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be counted as special damages, which is another reason why it is important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are as important for victims to consider. Our Cottleville, MO, accident attorneys will consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Reimbursement is are dependent on the state you're in. If you're wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, our firm will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, a qualified attorney can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in Cottleville, MO, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things potential clients should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Many firms should be able to provide you with client testimonials and results.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
At the end of the day, find a firm like HK Law today to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Cottleville, MO. It's our job to help you recover damages. You can reach out to one of our firms attorneys by contacting us today. Our Cottleville, MO, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.