Hermann, MO, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Hermann, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Our firm helps survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Hermann, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you want legal representation. We have recovered millions for victims and will fight for you to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If something horrible happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. Looking for compensation is not a selfish act. The key to a wrongful death case is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a 3rd party.
Various people can start a wrongful death claim. This includes the following:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
General and special damages may come into play. For example, medical bills, pain and suffering, emotional distress, burial fees, and others brought on by the loss of a family member.
The Hermann, MO, wrongful death lawyers at Halvorsen Klote understand the weight behind a loss, and how that will likely have financial concerns for surviving friends and family. Never hesitate to contact our firm if you think you have a wrongful death case in Hermann, MO.
Wrongful Death Claims
Nearly 200,000 people die due to wrongful death accidents annually. Regarding wrongful death of a partner or family member, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way than a typical injury. Here, we've listed a few of the most common wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car and truck accidents. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Hermann, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, equipment can fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It is essential to contact a wrongful death attorney in Hermann, MO, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
Do You Need Legal Representation in Hermann, MO?
A common question is "Do I actually need a lawyer?" The answer is: It depends. It's difficult for an attorney to help unless there are significant damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. At Halvorsen Klote, our wrongful death lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The Hermann, MO, injury lawyers at HK Law specialize in a number of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
- Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Attorneys
- Bodily Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Attorney
- Dog Bite Lawyer
- TCPA Violation Lawyer
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Wrongful Death Claim?
It is our responsibility to make sure clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our Hermann, MO, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two main types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages often include any loss of financial earnings, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is another reason why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: While not as clear, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our Hermann, MO, injury attorneys consider pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's helpful to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Damages are are dependent on the state you are in. If you're wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, Halvorsen Klote will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, a qualified attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in Hermann, MO, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things potential clients should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Many firms should be able to provide you with client reviews and testimonials.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
The bottom line:, find a firm like HK Law now to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in Hermann, MO. Our duty is to our clients, and recovering any associated damages. You can reach out to one of our experienced attorneys by contacting us today. Our Hermann, MO, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.