New Haven, MO, Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (877) 514-5529 for a Consultation and Case Review.
Wrongful Death Lawyer New Haven, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. At HK Law, we help survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our New Haven, MO, wrongful death attorneys now if you want legal representation. We have recovered millions for victims and their families and will fight to do the same.
Do I Have a Case?
If something horrible happens to a friend or family member, you may have a wrongful death case. Looking for compensation is not a selfish act. The key component of a wrongful death case is that there was a preventable accident, or negligence, caused by a third party.
There are a few different parties that can sue for wrongful death. This may include:
- Financial dependents of the victim
- Immediate family members, partners
- Extended family
General and special damages may come into play. For example, medical bills, pain and suffering, emotional distress, burial fees, and others brought on by the loss of a family member.
The New Haven, MO, wrongful death lawyers at HK Law know the weight behind a loss, and how that might have financial concerns for surviving friends and family. Never hesitate to contact HK Law if you think you have a wrongful death case in New Haven, MO.
Wrongful Death Cases
Nearly a quarter million people die due to wrongful death accidents every year. Regarding wrongful death of a partner or family member, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way than a typical injury. Below, we've listed a few of the more common types of wrongful death cases, whether by negligence or not:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near New Haven, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, equipment can fail, or there is an error during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It is crucial to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in New Haven, MO, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
Do You Need Legal Representation in New Haven, MO?
One question you might have is whether or not you need to contact a lawyer. The answer is: It depends. There's not much an attorney can do for you unless there are notable damages. This may include multiple hospital visits, lost time from work, loss of enjoyment, and others. At Halvorsen Klote, our wrongful death lawyers will help you determine if you have a case that needs attention.
The New Haven, MO, injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote specialize in a number of cases. It's our mission to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Wrongful Death Claim?
It's our responsibility to make sure clients receive fair compensation in the event of a wrongful death. Our New Haven, MO, wrongful death lawyers will look at financial damages, punitive measures, and other factors. The two primary types of compensation include:
- Special Damages: Special or "economic" damages may include any loss of financial earnings, lost benefits, any loss of inheritance, and any goods and services the survivor may have contributed in the future. You can also include medical and funeral expenses that survivors had to pay for. Any economic impact can be considered special damages, which is why it's important to keep track of financial repercussions.
- General Damages: Less specific, general damages are equally important for victims to consider. Our New Haven, MO, accident lawyers consider loss of consortium, any emotional trauma due to the accident, pain and suffering, and other long-lasting concerns post-injury. It's advisable to keep a journal that documents your current situation to justify general damages.
Reimbursement is are dependent on the state you're in. If you are wanting to recover reimbursement for your loss, our firm will look into medical expenses, loss of opportunity, any other financial factors.
No matter what the cause, an experienced lawyer can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Our wrongful death lawyers in New Haven, MO, fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Tips for Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Many firms should be able to provide you with case results and reviews.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. In tort law, most firms charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a percentage of any victory is awarded to the client). If we don't win, you don't pay.
The bottom line:, find a firm like Halvorsen Klote now to speak to an experienced wrongful death lawyer in New Haven, MO. It's our job to help you recover damages. Feel free to one of our experienced attorneys by contacting us today. Our New Haven, MO, wrongful death lawyers are here to help.
Our lawyers would be more than happy to speak with you. We've settled numerous cases and you can view our testimonials here.