Injury Attorney in Affton, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Affton, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a serious injury can cause immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Affton, MO injury attorneys help victims recover compensation after unexpected injuries and accidents.
Whether you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured on the job or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other losses we'll discuss in this article. Contact our now for a case review and consultation. No recovery? You don't pay.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Affton, MO Help Me?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you focus on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Affton, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, gather all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Reliably calculate how much your injuries are worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance company, which may include alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You didn't deserve to be injured, but we are here to help guide you through your claim. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Affton, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Claims in Affton, MO
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless cases for victims in the Affton, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and over 5,000 employment-related fatalities. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It is important to contact a knowledgeable workers' compensation attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design errors that victims deserve compensation for. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, household appliances and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, failure to diagnose, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial hardships to family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Affton, MO will fight for you no matter what your situation is. We are here to get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Affton, MO
There are several things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on your specific type of case before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced Affton, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (services are free and you agree to pay us a percentage of your final compensation). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Can I Recover For My Injuries in Affton, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the abilities of your Affton, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. A skilled injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical bills, including
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages are intended to reimburse you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar figure on. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Affton, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Call an Injury Attorney in Affton, MO Today
Don't wait to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Affton, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Affton, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.