Injury Attorney in Ballwin, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Ballwin, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a major injury can create repercussions for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Ballwin, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents.
If you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you care about in a wrongful death, were injured at work or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that we will discuss later on. Contact Halvorsen Klote now for more information. No recovery? We don't get paid.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Ballwin, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you spend your energy on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Ballwin, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, gather evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to win your claim
- Precisely calculate the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Fight for you to trial if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Give you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about the process
You didn't deserve to be injured, but you do have legal options. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to get started on receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Ballwin, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Ballwin, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless claims for victims in the Ballwin, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Automotive Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims usually involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and 5,190 employment-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact a knowledgeable workers' compensation lawyer if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that victims deserve compensation for. Nationwide in 2021, almost 12 million people visited the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, household appliances and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical error, failure to diagnose, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial hardships to family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Ballwin, MO are here to help regardless of the particulars of your case. We are here to win.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Ballwin, MO
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with my type of injury claim? Have they taken on cases like yours before? Did they win?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced Ballwin, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Can I Recover For My Injuries in Ballwin, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the abilities of your Ballwin, MO injury attorney. Typically, you are eligible for two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A skilled injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical bills, for example
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages are intended to compensate you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher you'll be able to recover. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Ballwin, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Call an Injury Attorney in Ballwin, MO Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Ballwin, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Ballwin, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.