Injury Attorney in Belleville, IL
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Belleville, IL. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a serious injury can create immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Belleville, IL injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were hurt at work or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages that we will discuss in this article. Contact Halvorsen Klote now for more information. No recovery? You don't pay.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Belleville, IL Help Me?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you focus on healing. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Belleville, IL injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, gather all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Precisely calculate how much your injuries are worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Give you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about your claim
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Belleville, IL injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Belleville, IL
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless claims for victims in the Belleville, IL area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 work-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced workers' compensation attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that victims deserve compensation for. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, failure to diagnose, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to incredible hardships for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Belleville, IL are here to help regardless of the particulars of your case. We are here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Belleville, IL
There are several things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled cases similar to yours before? What were the results?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled Belleville, IL injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (services are free and you agree to pay us a percentage of your final compensation). You owe us no fees unless we win your claim.
What Compensation Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Case in Belleville, IL?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the abilities of your Belleville, IL injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. An experienced injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical bills, such as
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or home improvements
Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher you'll eventually recover. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer run at full speed, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Belleville, IL injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Call an Injury Attorney in Belleville, IL Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Belleville, IL and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Belleville, IL now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.