Injury Attorney in Bonne Terre, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Bonne Terre, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a serious injury can create immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Bonne Terre, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a loved one in a wrongful death, were hurt at work or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we'll discuss later on. Contact our today for a case review and consultation. No recovery? You don't pay.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Bonne Terre, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you focus on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Bonne Terre, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Make a complete investigation into your injuries, acquire all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to prove liability
- Reliably calculate the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Take the fight to trial if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Give you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but we are here to help guide you through your claim. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Bonne Terre, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in Bonne Terre, MO
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless cases for victims in the Bonne Terre, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were more than 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and 5,190 work-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced workers' compensation attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed properly can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design defects that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people visited the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial hardships to family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Bonne Terre, MO are here to help no matter what your situation is. We are here to get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Bonne Terre, MO
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they handled your specific type of case before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced Bonne Terre, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Can I Recover For My Injuries in Bonne Terre, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the skill of your Bonne Terre, MO injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A knowledgeable injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, including
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages seek to reimburse you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more you'll eventually recover. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you need to be compensated for that. Your Bonne Terre, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Call an Injury Attorney in Bonne Terre, MO Now
Don't wait to call Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Bonne Terre, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Bonne Terre, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.