Injury Attorney in Boonville, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Boonville, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a major injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Boonville, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you love in a wrongful death, were injured during the course of employment or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that we will discuss further down this page. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for a case review and consultation. No recovery? We don't get paid.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Boonville, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you focus on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Boonville, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, obtain all relevant evidence and develop a legal strategy to win your claim
- Precisely determine the value of your damages
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Give you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about your claim
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but you do have legal options. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Boonville, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Boonville, MO
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless claims for victims in the Boonville, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Automotive Accidents — Motor vehicle accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and over 5,000 employment-related fatalities. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced work-comp lawyer if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design errors that victims deserve compensation for. Nationwide in 2021, almost 12 million people visited the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
Tragic events can lead to incredible hardships for family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Boonville, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We are here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Boonville, MO
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they taken on cases like yours before? Did they win?
- What do you think the value of my injuries are? A skilled Boonville, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a portion of your recovery). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Can I Recover For My Injuries in Boonville, MO?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for the accident and the skill of your Boonville, MO injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. A knowledgeable injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses, including
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or home modifications
Noneconomic damages are intended to reimburse you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar figure on. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Boonville, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Boonville, MO Now
Don't wait to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Boonville, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Boonville, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.