Injury Attorney in Bourbon, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Bourbon, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a severe injury can create immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Bourbon, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a family member in a wrongful death, were injured during the course of employment or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we will discuss further down this page. Contact our now for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Bourbon, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you focus on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Bourbon, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, acquire all relevant evidence and develop a legal strategy to win your claim
- Accurately determine how much your injuries are worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Fight for you to trial if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about your claim
You didn't deserve to be injured, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Bourbon, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Bourbon, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless cases for victims in the Bourbon, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These claims typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were more than 2 million recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and 5,190 work-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced workers' compensation lawyer as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, delayed diagnosis, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Bourbon, MO will fight for you no matter what your accident is. We are here to get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Bourbon, MO
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with my type of injury claim? Have they handled cases similar to yours before? What were the results?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? An experienced Bourbon, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (services are free and you agree to pay us a percentage of your recovery). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Can I Recover For an Injury Case in Bourbon, MO?
The value of your injuries depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for the accident and the skill of your Bourbon, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are eligible for two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar amount on. A skilled injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical bills, including
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages seek to reimburse you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher you'll eventually recover. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Bourbon, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Bourbon, MO Today
Don't hesitate to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Bourbon, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Bourbon, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.