Injury Attorney in Centralia, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Centralia, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a major injury can cause immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Centralia, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a loved one in a wrongful death, were injured at work or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages that we will discuss in this article. Contact Halvorsen Klote now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Centralia, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you focus on healing. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Centralia, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, obtain evidence needed and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Accurately calculate the value of your damages
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance company, which may include alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Fight for you to trial if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about your claim
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you do have legal options. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Centralia, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Claims in Centralia, MO
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless cases for victims in the Centralia, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and over 5,000 employment-related deaths. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp lawyer as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed appropriately can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people visited the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, failure to diagnose, prescription errors and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial burdens to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury case vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Centralia, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to get you the compensation you are owed.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Centralia, MO
There are several things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on cases like yours before? What were the results?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? An experienced Centralia, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For an Injury Claim in Centralia, MO?
The value of your injuries depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the skill of your Centralia, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are eligible for two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar amount on. A knowledgeable injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or home improvements
Noneconomic damages seek to compensate you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you need to be compensated for that. Your Centralia, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Call an Injury Attorney in Centralia, MO Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Centralia, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Centralia, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.