Injury Attorney in Clayton, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Clayton, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a major injury can create serious difficulties for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Clayton, MO injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you love in a wrongful death, were injured at work or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that we will discuss further down this page. Contact Halvorsen Klote now for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Clayton, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you focus on healing. As part of our legal services in Clayton, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, acquire evidence needed and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Reliably determine the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Fight for you to trial if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about your claim
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Clayton, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Claims in Clayton, MO
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless cases for victims in the Clayton, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These claims often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and over 5,000 employment-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It's important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp lawyer if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include bad brakes on a car, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial hardships to family members. The causes to bring an injury claim vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Clayton, MO are here to help regardless of the particulars of your case. We are here to get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Clayton, MO
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on your specific type of case before? What were the results?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled Clayton, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Can I Recover For an Injury Claim in Clayton, MO?
The value of your injuries depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for the accident and the skill of your Clayton, MO injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A skilled injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, including
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages are intended to compensate you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Clayton, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Clayton, MO Today
Don't wait to call Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Clayton, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Clayton, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.