Injury Attorney in Collinsville, IL
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Collinsville, IL. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a severe injury can create repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Collinsville, IL injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured on the job or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages that we'll discuss later on. Contact our now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Collinsville, IL Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you focus on your physical recovery. As part of our representation in Collinsville, IL, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a complete investigation into your accident, gather all relevant evidence and develop a legal strategy to win your claim
- Accurately calculate how much your claim is worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the case to trial if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Give you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but we are here to fight for your financial recovery. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Collinsville, IL injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in Collinsville, IL
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless cases for victims in the Collinsville, IL area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These claims typically involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that may cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and over 5,000 work-related fatalities. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced work-comp lawyer as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design errors that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, failure to diagnose, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring an injury claim vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Collinsville, IL will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We are here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Collinsville, IL
There are several things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? It's important to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled your specific type of case before? What were the results?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? A skilled Collinsville, IL injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a percentage of your recovery). We charge no fees unless we win your claim.
What Damages Can I Recover For an Injury Claim in Collinsville, IL?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the skill of your Collinsville, IL injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are eligible for two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. An experienced injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages seek to reimburse you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer run at full speed, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Collinsville, IL injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Call an Injury Attorney in Collinsville, IL Now
Don't wait to call Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Collinsville, IL and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Collinsville, IL now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.