Injury Attorney in Columbia, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Columbia, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a major injury can create immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Columbia, MO injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured on the job or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages we'll discuss later on. Contact Halvorsen Klote now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Columbia, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you focus on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Columbia, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, acquire all relevant evidence and develop a legal strategy to prove liability
- Accurately calculate the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You didn't deserve to be injured, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Columbia, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Claims in Columbia, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless cases for victims in the Columbia, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims often involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that may cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 work-related deaths. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp lawyer as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design errors that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical error, delayed diagnosis, prescription errors and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial burdens to family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Columbia, MO will fight for you no matter what your situation is. We are here to win.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Columbia, MO
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on cases similar to yours before? Did they win?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? A skilled Columbia, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Is Available For My Injuries in Columbia, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for the accident and the abilities of your Columbia, MO injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar figure on. A skilled injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, including
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or home modifications
Noneconomic damages are meant to compensate you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher you'll eventually recover. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you need to be compensated for that. Your Columbia, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Call an Injury Attorney in Columbia, MO Now
Don't hesitate to call Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Columbia, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Columbia, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.