Injury Attorney in Concord, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Concord, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a major injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Concord, MO injury attorneys help victims recover compensation after unexpected injuries and accidents.
Whether you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured at work or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we'll discuss later on. Contact our now for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Concord, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you focus on healing. As part of our representation in Concord, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a full investigation into your accident, obtain all relevant evidence and develop a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Reliably calculate how much your claim is worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the fight to trial if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but we are here to help guide you through your claim. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Concord, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in Concord, MO
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless cases for victims in the Concord, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 work-related deaths. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact an experienced work-comp attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed properly can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design defects that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include bad brakes on a car, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, delayed diagnosis, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial burdens to family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Our injury attorney team in Concord, MO are here to help regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Concord, MO
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled cases like yours before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced Concord, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (services are free and you agree to pay us a portion of your final compensation). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For My Injuries in Concord, MO?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you are partially at fault for the accident and the abilities of your Concord, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are eligible for two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar amount on. A skilled injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages seek to compensate you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more you'll be able to recover. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you need to be compensated for that. Your Concord, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in Concord, MO Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Concord, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Concord, MO as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.