Injury Attorney in Creve Coeur, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Creve Coeur, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a severe injury can create serious difficulties for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Creve Coeur, MO injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were hurt during the course of employment or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that we'll discuss later on. Contact our today for more information. No recovery? We don't get paid.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Creve Coeur, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney can fight on your behalf while you focus on your physical recovery. As part of our legal services in Creve Coeur, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, gather all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Accurately calculate the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about your claim
You didn't deserve to be injured, but we are here to fight for your financial recovery. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to get started on receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Creve Coeur, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Creve Coeur, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless cases for victims in the Creve Coeur, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Automotive Accidents — Motor vehicle accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases often involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and over 5,000 work-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp lawyer if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed appropriately can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design defects that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, household appliances and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescription errors and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to unimaginable stress for family members. The causes to bring a personal injury case vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Creve Coeur, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We are here to get you the compensation you deserve.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Creve Coeur, MO
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on cases similar to yours before? What were the results?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled Creve Coeur, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a portion of your final compensation). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Is Available For a Personal Injury Case in Creve Coeur, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the skill of your Creve Coeur, MO injury attorney. Typically, you are eligible for two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar amount on. A knowledgeable injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, including
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or home improvements
Noneconomic damages seek to compensate you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you need to be compensated for that. Your Creve Coeur, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in Creve Coeur, MO Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Creve Coeur, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.