Injury Attorney in Dardenne Prairie, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Dardenne Prairie, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a serious injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Dardenne Prairie, MO injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured on the job or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages that we'll discuss further down this page. Contact Halvorsen Klote now for more information. No recovery? You don't pay.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Dardenne Prairie, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you spend your energy on healing. As part of our representation in Dardenne Prairie, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, gather evidence needed and come up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Reliably calculate the value of your damages
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but you do have legal options. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to get started on receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Dardenne Prairie, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in Dardenne Prairie, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless cases for victims in the Dardenne Prairie, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and over 5,000 work-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced work-comp lawyer if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed appropriately can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that victims deserve compensation for. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical error, failure to diagnose, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury claim vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Dardenne Prairie, MO are here to help no matter what your accident is. We are here to get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Dardenne Prairie, MO
There are several things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled your specific type of case before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? A skilled Dardenne Prairie, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). We charge no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Damages Is Available For an Injury Case in Dardenne Prairie, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for the accident and the skill of your Dardenne Prairie, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are eligible for two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A knowledgeable injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical bills, such as
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages seek to compensate you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar amount on. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more you'll eventually recover. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Dardenne Prairie, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Dardenne Prairie, MO Today
Don't wait to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Dardenne Prairie, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Dardenne Prairie, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.