Injury Attorney in Elsberry, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Elsberry, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a major injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Elsberry, MO injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured at work or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that we will discuss further down this page. Contact our today for a case review and consultation. No recovery? We don't get paid.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Elsberry, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you focus on healing. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Elsberry, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Make a full investigation into your accident, gather all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Precisely calculate how much your claim is worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company, which may include alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Fight for you to trial if necessary
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Give you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about your claim
You didn't deserve to be injured, but we are here to help guide you through your claim. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Elsberry, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Elsberry, MO
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless cases for victims in the Elsberry, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Automotive Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on another person's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 employment-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced work-comp attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, failure to diagnose, prescription errors and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to unimaginable stress for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Our injury attorney team in Elsberry, MO are here to help no matter what your situation is. We are here to get you the compensation you are owed.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Elsberry, MO
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you work with? It's important to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled your specific type of case before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? A skilled Elsberry, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Can I Recover For an Injury Case in Elsberry, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the skill of your Elsberry, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are entitled to two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A skilled injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical bills, for example
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages seek to compensate you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar figure on. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Elsberry, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in Elsberry, MO Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Elsberry, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Elsberry, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.