Injury Attorney in Eureka, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Eureka, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a severe injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Eureka, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were hurt during the course of employment or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we'll discuss later on. Contact Halvorsen Klote now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Eureka, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you focus on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Eureka, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Make a complete investigation into your accident, gather all relevant evidence and develop a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Accurately calculate the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the case in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but we are here to help guide you through your claim. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to get started on receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Eureka, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Claims in Eureka, MO
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless claims for victims in the Eureka, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Automotive Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that can cause injuries on another person's property.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and 5,190 employment-related fatalities. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced workers' compensation lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that victims deserve compensation for. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice is often related to surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial burdens to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury claim vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Eureka, MO are here to help regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Eureka, MO
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they handled cases like yours before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my injuries are? An experienced Eureka, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (services are free and you agree to pay us a portion of your recovery). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Can I Recover For My Injuries in Eureka, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for the accident and the skill of your Eureka, MO injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. An experienced injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical bills, for example
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or home improvements
Noneconomic damages seek to reimburse you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you need to be compensated for that. Your Eureka, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Call an Injury Attorney in Eureka, MO Today
Don't wait to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Eureka, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Eureka, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.