Injury Attorney in Fairview Heights, IL
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Fairview Heights, IL. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a serious injury can cause immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Fairview Heights, IL injury attorneys help victims and their families recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured during the course of employment or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other losses that we will discuss further down this page. Contact Halvorsen Klote now for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Fairview Heights, IL Do For Me?
An injury attorney can fight on your behalf while you spend your energy on your physical recovery. As part of our legal services in Fairview Heights, IL, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a complete investigation into your injuries, obtain evidence needed and come up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Accurately determine how much your injuries are worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Take the fight to trial if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you do have legal options. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Fairview Heights, IL injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Fairview Heights, IL
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless cases for victims in the Fairview Heights, IL area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Automotive Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These claims often involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's property.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and over 5,000 work-related fatalities. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced workers' compensation attorney if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, almost 12 million people visited the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, delayed diagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
Tragic events can lead to unimaginable stress for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Our injury attorney team in Fairview Heights, IL will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Fairview Heights, IL
There are a few things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? It's important to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled your specific type of case before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? An experienced Fairview Heights, IL injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Is Available For My Injuries in Fairview Heights, IL?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the abilities of your Fairview Heights, IL injury attorney. Typically, you are entitled to two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A skilled injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical bills, such as
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Fairview Heights, IL injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Fairview Heights, IL Today
Don't wait to call Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Fairview Heights, IL and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Fairview Heights, IL today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.