Injury Attorney in Fayette, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Fayette, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a severe injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Fayette, MO injury attorneys help victims recover compensation after unexpected injuries and accidents.
Whether you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you care about in a wrongful death, were hurt at work or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that we'll discuss further down this page. Contact Halvorsen Klote now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Fayette, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney can fight on your behalf while you focus on healing. As part of our representation in Fayette, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a full investigation into your injuries, obtain all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Accurately calculate how much your injuries are worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the case in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Give you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about your claim
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Fayette, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Claims in Fayette, MO
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless claims for victims in the Fayette, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Automotive Accidents — Motor vehicle accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and over 5,000 employment-related fatalities. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced workers' compensation lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design errors that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include bad brakes on a car, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to unimaginable hardships for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Fayette, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We are here to win.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Fayette, MO
There are several things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they taken on your specific type of case before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my injuries are? A skilled Fayette, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). You owe us no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For My Injuries in Fayette, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you are partially at fault for the accident and the abilities of your Fayette, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are entitled to two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A knowledgeable injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses, including
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the more you'll be able to recover. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer run at full speed, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Fayette, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
Call an Injury Attorney in Fayette, MO Now
Don't wait to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Fayette, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Fayette, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.