Injury Attorney in Festus, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Festus, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a major injury can create immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Festus, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a family member in a wrongful death, were hurt during the course of employment or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other losses that we will discuss further down this page. Contact our today for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Festus, MO Help Me?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you spend your energy on your physical recovery. As part of our legal services in Festus, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, gather evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to prove liability
- Reliably determine how much your claim is worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Take the fight to trial if necessary
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Give you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you do have legal options. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Festus, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Claims in Festus, MO
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless claims for victims in the Festus, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims often involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and 5,190 work-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced workers' compensation attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed appropriately can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design errors that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, household appliances and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, delayed diagnosis, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial burdens to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury case vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Festus, MO are here to help no matter what your situation is. We are here to win.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Festus, MO
There are several things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on cases similar to yours before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? A skilled Festus, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a portion of your recovery). We charge no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Damages Can I Recover For My Injuries in Festus, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the skill of your Festus, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are entitled to two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar amount on. A knowledgeable injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses, including
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages seek to compensate you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more you'll eventually recover. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you need to be compensated for that. Your Festus, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Festus, MO Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Festus, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Festus, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.