Injury Attorney in Florissant, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Florissant, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a severe injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Florissant, MO injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you care about in a wrongful death, were hurt during the course of employment or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we'll discuss later on. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for a case review and consultation. No recovery? We don't get paid.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Florissant, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you focus on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Florissant, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Make a full investigation into your injuries, gather evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Reliably determine how much your claim is worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you do have legal options. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Florissant, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Florissant, MO
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless cases for victims in the Florissant, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were more than 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and over 5,000 work-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced work-comp attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design errors that victims deserve compensation for. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, household appliances and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical error, failure to diagnose, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial hardships to family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Florissant, MO will fight for you no matter what your accident is. We are here to get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Florissant, MO
There are several things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? It's important to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on your specific type of case before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled Florissant, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a percentage of your recovery). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For My Injuries in Florissant, MO?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the abilities of your Florissant, MO injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A skilled injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical bills, including
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages are intended to compensate you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the more you'll be able to recover. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you need to be compensated for that. Your Florissant, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Call an Injury Attorney in Florissant, MO Now
Don't wait to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Florissant, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Florissant, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.