Injury Attorney in Fulton, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Fulton, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a major injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Fulton, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you love in a wrongful death, were injured on the job or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses we'll discuss later on. Contact our now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Fulton, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you focus on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Fulton, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Make a complete investigation into your injuries, gather evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to win your claim
- Accurately calculate how much your injuries are worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about the process
You didn't deserve to be injured, but you do have legal options. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Fulton, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Fulton, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless cases for victims in the Fulton, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's property.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and over 5,000 employment-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design errors that victims deserve compensation for. Nationwide in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include bad brakes on a car, household appliances and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescription errors and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Fulton, MO are here to help regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to get you the compensation you are owed.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Fulton, MO
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? It's important to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on your specific type of case before? What were the results?
- What do you think the value of my injuries are? A skilled Fulton, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). You owe us no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Damages Can I Recover For a Personal Injury Claim in Fulton, MO?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the abilities of your Fulton, MO injury attorney. Typically, you are entitled to two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar figure on. A skilled injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, including
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages seek to reimburse you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar figure on. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher you'll be able to recover. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer run at full speed, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Fulton, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Call an Injury Attorney in Fulton, MO Today
Don't wait to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Fulton, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Fulton, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.