Injury Attorney in Glen Carbon, IL
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Glen Carbon, IL. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a major injury can create repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Glen Carbon, IL injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you care about in a wrongful death, were injured during the course of employment or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other losses we'll discuss in this article. Contact our today for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Glen Carbon, IL Help My Claim?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you focus on healing. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Glen Carbon, IL injury attorney, we will:
- Make a full investigation into your accident, obtain all relevant evidence and develop a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Precisely determine the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the fight to trial if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about the process
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Glen Carbon, IL injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Claims in Glen Carbon, IL
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless cases for victims in the Glen Carbon, IL area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 work-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced work-comp attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design errors that victims deserve compensation for. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical error, failure to diagnose, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial burdens to family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Our injury attorney team in Glen Carbon, IL will fight for you no matter what your situation is. We are here to get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Glen Carbon, IL
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? It's important to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled your specific type of case before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? An experienced Glen Carbon, IL injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). You owe us no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Compensation Can I Recover For My Injuries in Glen Carbon, IL?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the abilities of your Glen Carbon, IL injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are entitled to two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar amount on. A knowledgeable injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or home improvements
Noneconomic damages are intended to compensate you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer run at full speed, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Glen Carbon, IL injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Glen Carbon, IL Now
Don't wait to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Glen Carbon, IL and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Glen Carbon, IL today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.