Injury Attorney in Granite City, IL
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Granite City, IL. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a major injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Granite City, IL injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you care about in a wrongful death, were hurt at work or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages that we will discuss in this article. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for a case review and consultation. No recovery? You don't pay.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Granite City, IL Help Me?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you focus on healing. As part of our representation in Granite City, IL, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a full investigation into your accident, obtain all relevant evidence and develop a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Reliably calculate the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Take the case to trial if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but we are here to fight for your financial recovery. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Granite City, IL injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Granite City, IL
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless cases for victims in the Granite City, IL area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 work-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp attorney if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design defects that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, delayed diagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to incredible hardships for family members. The causes to bring an injury claim vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Granite City, IL will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We are here to get you the compensation you deserve.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Granite City, IL
There are several things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on your specific type of case before? Did they win?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled Granite City, IL injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a portion of your recovery). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Is Available For My Injuries in Granite City, IL?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for the accident and the abilities of your Granite City, IL injury attorney. Typically, you are eligible for two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A knowledgeable injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical bills, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you need to be compensated for that. Your Granite City, IL injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
Call an Injury Attorney in Granite City, IL Today
Don't wait to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Granite City, IL and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Granite City, IL as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.