Injury Attorney in Hallsville, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Hallsville, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a severe injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Hallsville, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured during the course of employment or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that we'll discuss later on. Contact our today for a case review and consultation. No recovery? We don't get paid.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Hallsville, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you spend your energy on healing. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Hallsville, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Make a complete investigation into your accident, obtain all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Precisely determine how much your injuries are worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You didn't deserve to be injured, but we are here to help guide you through your claim. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to get started on receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Hallsville, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Hallsville, MO
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless claims for victims in the Hallsville, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Motor vehicle accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases often involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 work-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact an experienced workers' compensation attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design defects that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, household appliances and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical error, failure to diagnose, prescription errors and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to incredible hardships for family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Hallsville, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Hallsville, MO
There are several things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on cases like yours before? What were the results?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled Hallsville, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). We charge no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Compensation Can Be Recovered For My Injuries in Hallsville, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the skill of your Hallsville, MO injury attorney. Typically, you are eligible for two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. An experienced injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical bills, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages are meant to compensate you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer run at full speed, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Hallsville, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Call an Injury Attorney in Hallsville, MO Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Hallsville, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Hallsville, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.