Injury Attorney in Herculaneum, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Herculaneum, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a major injury can create repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Herculaneum, MO injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured at work or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages that we'll discuss later on. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for more information. No recovery? You don't pay.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Herculaneum, MO Help Me?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you focus on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Herculaneum, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Make a full investigation into your injuries, gather evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to prove liability
- Accurately determine the value of your damages
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Fight for you to trial if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Give you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you do have legal options. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to get started on receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Herculaneum, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Claims in Herculaneum, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless cases for victims in the Herculaneum, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 employment-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact a knowledgeable workers' compensation attorney if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed properly can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design errors that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, failure to diagnose, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial burdens to family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Herculaneum, MO are here to help no matter what your accident is. We're here to get you the compensation you are owed.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Herculaneum, MO
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? It's important to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled cases like yours before? Did they win?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled Herculaneum, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (services are free and you agree to pay us a percentage of your recovery). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Can I Recover For My Injuries in Herculaneum, MO?
The value of your injuries depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the abilities of your Herculaneum, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are entitled to two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. An experienced injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages are intended to compensate you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer run at full speed, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Herculaneum, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in Herculaneum, MO Now
Don't wait to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Herculaneum, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Herculaneum, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.