Injury Attorney in Hermann, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Hermann, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a severe injury can create repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Hermann, MO injury attorneys help victims recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were hurt on the job or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other losses that we'll discuss later on. Contact our now for a case review and consultation. No recovery? We don't get paid.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Hermann, MO Help Me?
An injury attorney can fight on your behalf while you spend your energy on healing. As part of our legal services in Hermann, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a full investigation into your injuries, obtain evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Reliably determine the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company, which may include alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Take the fight to trial if necessary
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about the process
You didn't deserve to be injured, but we are here to help guide you through your claim. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Hermann, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Claims in Hermann, MO
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless cases for victims in the Hermann, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims typically involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that can cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were more than 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and over 5,000 work-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced work-comp attorney if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed appropriately can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design errors that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, household appliances and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, delayed diagnosis, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to incredible stress for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Hermann, MO are here to help regardless of the particulars of your case. We are here to get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Hermann, MO
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with my type of injury claim? Have they handled your specific type of case before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my injuries are? An experienced Hermann, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a percentage of your recovery). We charge no fees unless we win your claim.
What Compensation Can I Recover For My Injuries in Hermann, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the abilities of your Hermann, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar figure on. An experienced injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical bills, for example
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher you'll eventually recover. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Hermann, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Call an Injury Attorney in Hermann, MO Today
Don't hesitate to call Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Hermann, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Hermann, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.