Injury Attorney in Holts Summit, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Holts Summit, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a major injury can create serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Holts Summit, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you care about in a wrongful death, were injured on the job or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other losses we'll discuss later on. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Holts Summit, MO Help Me?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you focus on your physical recovery. As part of our legal services in Holts Summit, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, obtain evidence needed and come up with a legal strategy to prove liability
- Accurately determine the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance company, which may include alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Fight for you to trial if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you do have legal options. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Holts Summit, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in Holts Summit, MO
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless claims for victims in the Holts Summit, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Motor vehicle accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases usually involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and 5,190 employment-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact an experienced workers' compensation lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design defects that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, failure to diagnose, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes to bring a personal injury claim vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Holts Summit, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to get you the compensation you are owed.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Holts Summit, MO
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a couple of questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they handled your specific type of case before? Did they win?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? An experienced Holts Summit, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a percentage of your recovery). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Is Available For My Injuries in Holts Summit, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for the accident and the skill of your Holts Summit, MO injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. An experienced injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages seek to compensate you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you need to be compensated for that. Your Holts Summit, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Call an Injury Attorney in Holts Summit, MO Now
Don't wait to call Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Holts Summit, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Holts Summit, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.