Injury Attorney in Imperial, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Imperial, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a severe injury can cause immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Imperial, MO injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a loved one in a wrongful death, were hurt on the job or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that we will discuss further down this page. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for more information. No recovery? We don't get paid.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Imperial, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you spend your energy on your physical recovery. As part of our representation in Imperial, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a full investigation into your accident, acquire all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to prove liability
- Precisely calculate how much your injuries are worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about your claim
You didn't deserve to be injured, but you do have legal options. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Imperial, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Claims in Imperial, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless claims for victims in the Imperial, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These claims typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and 5,190 employment-related fatalities. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced work-comp attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design defects that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, household appliances and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical mistakes, failure to diagnose, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Imperial, MO are here to help no matter what your accident is. We're here to get you the compensation you are owed.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Imperial, MO
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they handled cases similar to yours before? What were the results?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced Imperial, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). We charge no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Damages Can I Recover For My Injuries in Imperial, MO?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for the accident and the skill of your Imperial, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are entitled to two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar amount on. A knowledgeable injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you need to be compensated for that. Your Imperial, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
Call an Injury Attorney in Imperial, MO Today
Don't hesitate to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Imperial, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Imperial, MO as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.