Injury Attorney in Jefferson City, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Jefferson City, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a major injury can cause immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Jefferson City, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents.
If you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were hurt on the job or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other losses that we will discuss later on. Contact our today for a case review and consultation. No recovery? We don't get paid.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Jefferson City, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you spend your energy on healing. As part of our legal services in Jefferson City, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, gather evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to win your claim
- Reliably calculate how much your injuries are worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the case in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about the process
You didn't deserve to be injured, but we are here to help guide you through your claim. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to get started on receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Jefferson City, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Jefferson City, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless claims for victims in the Jefferson City, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases usually involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's property.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and over 5,000 employment-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced workers' compensation lawyer as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design defects that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include bad brakes on a car, household appliances and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, failure to diagnose, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial hardships to family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Jefferson City, MO are here to help regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to win.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Jefferson City, MO
There are a few things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled your specific type of case before? Did they win?
- What do you think the value of my injuries are? An experienced Jefferson City, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Is Available For a Personal Injury Claim in Jefferson City, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you are partially at fault for the accident and the skill of your Jefferson City, MO injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar figure on. An experienced injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or home improvements
Noneconomic damages are intended to compensate you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar amount on. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you need to be compensated for that. Your Jefferson City, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in Jefferson City, MO Now
Don't wait to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Jefferson City, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Jefferson City, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.