Injury Attorney in Kingdom City, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Kingdom City, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a severe injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Kingdom City, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured during the course of employment or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages we'll discuss in this article. Contact our now for a case review and consultation. No recovery? We don't get paid.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Kingdom City, MO Help Me?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you spend your energy on healing. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Kingdom City, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, obtain all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Reliably determine the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Give you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but we are here to fight for your financial recovery. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Kingdom City, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in Kingdom City, MO
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless claims for victims in the Kingdom City, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and 5,190 work-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced workers' compensation lawyer if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed properly can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design defects that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, household appliances and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice is often related to surgical mistakes, delayed diagnosis, prescription errors and birth injuries.
Tragic events can lead to incredible hardships for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Kingdom City, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to get you the compensation you are owed.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Kingdom City, MO
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you work with? It's important to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on cases similar to yours before? What were the results?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled Kingdom City, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). We charge no fees unless we win your claim.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For My Injuries in Kingdom City, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you are partially at fault for the accident and the skill of your Kingdom City, MO injury attorney. Typically, you are eligible for two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar amount on. An experienced injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses, including
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or home modifications
Noneconomic damages are meant to compensate you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more you'll eventually recover. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Kingdom City, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in Kingdom City, MO Today
Don't hesitate to call Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Kingdom City, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Kingdom City, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.