Injury Attorney in Lebanon, IL
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Lebanon, IL. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a serious injury can create immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Lebanon, IL injury attorneys help victims and their families recover compensation after unexpected injuries and accidents.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured during the course of employment or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages that we will discuss later on. Contact our now for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Lebanon, IL Help Me?
An injury attorney can fight on your behalf while you focus on healing. As part of our representation in Lebanon, IL, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a full investigation into your injuries, acquire all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Reliably determine the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Give you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about your claim
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but you do have legal options. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Lebanon, IL injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Claims in Lebanon, IL
The injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless cases for victims in the Lebanon, IL area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Motor vehicle accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on another person's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and 5,190 employment-related fatalities. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It is important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp lawyer if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design errors that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, household appliances and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical error, failure to diagnose, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
Tragic events can lead to unimaginable hardships for family members. The causes to bring a personal injury claim vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Lebanon, IL will fight for you no matter what your situation is. We are here to win.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Lebanon, IL
There are several things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? It's important to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with my type of injury claim? Have they taken on your specific type of case before? Did they win?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? A skilled Lebanon, IL injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a portion of your recovery). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For My Injuries in Lebanon, IL?
The value of your claim depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the abilities of your Lebanon, IL injury attorney. Typically, you are eligible for two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. A knowledgeable injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or home modifications
Noneconomic damages are intended to reimburse you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar amount on. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher you'll eventually recover. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer run at full speed, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Lebanon, IL injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in Lebanon, IL Today
Don't wait to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Lebanon, IL and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Lebanon, IL now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.