Injury Attorney in Lemay, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Lemay, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a major injury can create immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Lemay, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured during the course of employment or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other losses that we will discuss in this article. Contact our today for more information. No recovery? We don't get paid.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Lemay, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney can fight on your behalf while you spend your energy on healing. As part of our representation in Lemay, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a full investigation into your injuries, obtain all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Reliably calculate how much your claim is worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Take the case to trial if necessary
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you do have legal options. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Lemay, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in Lemay, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless claims for victims in the Lemay, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims typically involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that can cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and 5,190 employment-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It is important to contact a knowledgeable workers' compensation lawyer if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial hardships to family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Our injury attorney team in Lemay, MO are here to help regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Lemay, MO
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with my type of injury claim? Have they handled your specific type of case before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced Lemay, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a portion of your recovery). We charge no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Damages Can I Recover For a Personal Injury Claim in Lemay, MO?
The value of your injuries depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for the accident and the abilities of your Lemay, MO injury attorney. Typically, you are eligible for two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A skilled injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or home modifications
Noneconomic damages are intended to compensate you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar figure on. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you need to be compensated for that. Your Lemay, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Call an Injury Attorney in Lemay, MO Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Lemay, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Lemay, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.