Injury Attorney in Manchester, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Manchester, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a serious injury can cause immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Manchester, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families recover compensation after unexpected injuries and accidents.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were hurt at work or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other losses we'll discuss later on. Contact our now for more information. No recovery? We don't get paid.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Manchester, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you spend your energy on your physical recovery. As part of our representation in Manchester, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a full investigation into your accident, gather evidence needed and come up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Reliably determine how much your claim is worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Fight for you to trial if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about your claim
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you do have legal options. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to get started on receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Manchester, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Claims in Manchester, MO
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless claims for victims in the Manchester, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's property.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and 5,190 employment-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp attorney if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design defects that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, household appliances and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical error, failure to diagnose, prescription errors and birth injuries.
Tragic events can lead to unimaginable stress for family members. The causes to bring a personal injury case vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Manchester, MO will fight for you no matter what your situation is. We are here to get you the compensation you deserve.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Manchester, MO
There are several things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they handled your specific type of case before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced Manchester, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (services are free and you agree to pay us a percentage of your recovery). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Is Available For a Personal Injury Claim in Manchester, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the skill of your Manchester, MO injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A skilled injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or home modifications
Noneconomic damages are intended to compensate you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Manchester, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Call an Injury Attorney in Manchester, MO Now
Don't wait to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Manchester, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Manchester, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.