Injury Attorney in Maryland Heights, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Maryland Heights, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a major injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Maryland Heights, MO injury attorneys help victims recover compensation after unexpected injuries and accidents.
Whether you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were hurt during the course of employment or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages that we will discuss further down this page. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Maryland Heights, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney can fight on your behalf while you focus on healing. As part of our representation in Maryland Heights, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, gather evidence needed and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Precisely determine the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Take the fight to trial if necessary
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but we are here to fight for your financial recovery. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Maryland Heights, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in Maryland Heights, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless cases for victims in the Maryland Heights, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Automotive Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 employment-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It is important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design defects that victims deserve compensation for. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, household appliances and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, delayed diagnosis, prescription errors and birth injuries.
Tragic events can lead to incredible hardships for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Maryland Heights, MO are here to help no matter what your situation is. We are here to get you the compensation you deserve.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Maryland Heights, MO
There are a few things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled your specific type of case before? What were the results?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? A skilled Maryland Heights, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). We charge no fees unless we win your claim.
What Damages Is Available For a Personal Injury Claim in Maryland Heights, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the abilities of your Maryland Heights, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are eligible for two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. A skilled injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical bills, including
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or home modifications
Noneconomic damages are intended to reimburse you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher you'll be able to recover. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Maryland Heights, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Maryland Heights, MO Now
Don't hesitate to call Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Maryland Heights, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Maryland Heights, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.