Injury Attorney in Mexico, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Mexico, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a serious injury can create repercussions for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Mexico, MO injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were hurt on the job or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that we'll discuss further down this page. Contact our now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Mexico, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you spend your energy on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Mexico, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, obtain all relevant evidence and develop a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Precisely determine how much your claim is worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Mexico, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Claims in Mexico, MO
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless claims for victims in the Mexico, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases often involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were more than 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and over 5,000 employment-related deaths. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp lawyer as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed appropriately can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design defects that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical error, failure to diagnose, prescription errors and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to incredible stress for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Our injury attorney team in Mexico, MO are here to help regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to get you the compensation you are owed.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Mexico, MO
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on cases similar to yours before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? An experienced Mexico, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a portion of your final compensation). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Is Available For a Personal Injury Case in Mexico, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the skill of your Mexico, MO injury attorney. Typically, you are eligible for two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar figure on. A skilled injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages are meant to compensate you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Mexico, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Mexico, MO Now
Don't wait to call Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Mexico, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Mexico, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.