Injury Attorney in Moberly, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Moberly, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a severe injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Moberly, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured on the job or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other losses that we'll discuss in this article. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for a case review and consultation. No recovery? We don't get paid.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Moberly, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you spend your energy on your physical recovery. As part of our representation in Moberly, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a complete investigation into your accident, acquire evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to prove liability
- Precisely determine the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company, which may include alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about your claim
You were injured through no fault of your own, but we are here to fight for your financial recovery. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to get started on receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Moberly, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Moberly, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless claims for victims in the Moberly, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 employment-related fatalities. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced workers' compensation attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design defects that victims deserve compensation for. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, household appliances and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, delayed diagnosis, prescription errors and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to incredible hardships for family members. The causes to bring an injury claim vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Moberly, MO will fight for you no matter what your accident is. We are here to win.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Moberly, MO
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a couple of questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled your specific type of case before? What were the results?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced Moberly, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). We charge no fees unless we win your claim.
What Damages Is Available For My Injuries in Moberly, MO?
The value of your injuries depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the abilities of your Moberly, MO injury attorney. Typically, you are eligible for two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A skilled injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical bills, including
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages are meant to compensate you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer run at full speed, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Moberly, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
Call an Injury Attorney in Moberly, MO Now
Don't hesitate to call Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Moberly, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Moberly, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.