Injury Attorney in Moscow Mills, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Moscow Mills, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a serious injury can create repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Moscow Mills, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families recover compensation after unexpected injuries and accidents.
Whether you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were hurt at work or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other losses that we will discuss later on. Contact our today for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Moscow Mills, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you spend your energy on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Moscow Mills, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, gather all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to prove liability
- Accurately determine how much your injuries are worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Fight for you to trial if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Give you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but we are here to fight for your financial recovery. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Moscow Mills, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Claims in Moscow Mills, MO
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless claims for victims in the Moscow Mills, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Automotive Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 employment-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design errors that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, delayed diagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Moscow Mills, MO are here to help regardless of the particulars of your case. We are here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Moscow Mills, MO
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? It's important to know if you're contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they handled your specific type of case before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled Moscow Mills, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Is Available For an Injury Claim in Moscow Mills, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the skill of your Moscow Mills, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are entitled to two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. An experienced injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or home improvements
Noneconomic damages are intended to compensate you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar amount on. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Moscow Mills, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Moscow Mills, MO Today
Don't hesitate to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Moscow Mills, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Moscow Mills, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.