Injury Attorney in Nixa, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Nixa, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a severe injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Nixa, MO injury attorneys help victims recover compensation after unexpected injuries and accidents.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were hurt on the job or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages we'll discuss in this article. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Nixa, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you spend your energy on healing. As part of our legal services in Nixa, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a full investigation into your injuries, acquire all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Reliably determine how much your claim is worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Take the case in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about your claim
You didn't deserve to be injured, but you do have legal options. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to get started on receiving justice and maximum compensation.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Nixa, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Nixa, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless claims for victims in the Nixa, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were more than 2 million recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 work-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It's important to contact a knowledgeable workers' compensation lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed appropriately can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, household appliances and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical mistakes, failure to diagnose, prescription errors and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial burdens to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury claim vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Nixa, MO will fight for you no matter what your accident is. We are here to win.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Nixa, MO
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they handled your specific type of case before? What were the results?
- What do you think the value of my injuries are? An experienced Nixa, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (services are free and you agree to pay us a percentage of your recovery). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Is Available For an Injury Case in Nixa, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for the accident and the abilities of your Nixa, MO injury attorney. Typically, you are eligible for two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. A knowledgeable injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical bills, for example
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or home modifications
Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you need to be compensated for that. Your Nixa, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Nixa, MO Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Nixa, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Nixa, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.